Wednesday, March 01, 2006

I'm Going to the Masters!

Well the good news is in; good news for me that is. I am off to this year's Master's in Augusta. This has been a life long pursuit....I have always really wanted to go and never ever made an effort to do it. But this is the year and I can't wait.

I have a meeting in Atlanta that week, and it is a meeting that I can't afford to miss. To make matters troublesome, April 6th is also my 15th wedding anniversary. So I was bound to be in my wife's bad books for this one. But I was able to turn this lemon into lemonade!

I wanted to do something special for my wife for our 15th anniversary, but never thought it would be this. She is a golf fan, and she is pretty excited about this. Through the wonders of eBay, I was able to find some tickets. They arrived on Friday and I have been giddy ever since.

I have taken great joy in showing them off to fellow golfing buddies the past couple of days. Their response to me? Not good. They are jealous. But so what. I am going to The Masters!

The tickets I have are for the practice round for Tuesday, April 4th. I have been told that the practice rounds can be better than the competition rounds on the weekend. The golfers are a little more relaxed and will interact with the fans to some extent. Once the weekend starts up though they are all business.

I can't wait to get there and see all the history, amen corner, the atmosphere, the grass. It will be great.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it is absolutely wonderful for a golfer and fan of the game to be able to say they have been to the Masters and mingled with the Pros. All the best, have a great trip and let us know how it was when you get back. T43

Anonymous said...

Love/Hate relationship. Love to see you are going, hate that I can't join you...

csmk6 said...

I am going with my Dad and 3 other buddies to the Monday practice round. I went last year to the Wednesday practice round and Par 3 tournament. Bring the camera for some awesome pics. The course is beautiful!