Friday, June 29, 2007

Riders 2007 Season

Tonight the Riders travel to Montreal for their 2007 season opener against the Alouettes. This will be the first game for new coach and past Rider great Kent Austin. Kent comes with high expectations and my excitement and anticipation for the start of the season has never been higher.

The team needs to get off to a good start. They did go 2-0 in the pre-season, but that was the pre-season and the real test starts tonight. The last thing that they need to happen is to get blown out in the first game, lose their confidence and set the tone for rest of the season.

I think Austin will be a good coach, and I think he and GM Eric Tillman have done a great job in getting the team renewed and rebuilt. There are some impact players that are waiting to break out and offensively, this should be a high scoring team. Whether or not the defense will be good or not remains to be seen.

I hope that this is the year they finally host a home playoff game, but in reality, I want more. I want a Grey Cup too. Is that too much to ask?

All I can say is Go Riders!

No comments: