Monday, July 31, 2017

The Catch

As I was listening to the pregame show on CKRM and TSN's panel prior to the Riders vs Argos game on Saturday, both media outlets spent a lot of time talking about Duron Carter. The theme was the same - when is he going to part of the Rider's offense and start utilizing his immense talent?

Well if this wasn't a breakout game for him nothing will be. He was dominating and perhaps spurred on by the trash talking that he is known for. Or perhaps, it was "the catch."

In a "did I really see what I thought I saw" moment, the one handed catch (after leaping into the air to get it) will go down for me as the best catch I have ever seem a Rider player make. Every time I watch the reply, I wonder how he did it. What incredible concentration (and timing on the jump!!) to be able to pull that down - let alone the significance of that catch being the turning point in the game.

It tied the score at halftime and gave the Riders the momentum going into the 3rd Quarter.

Even better was what happened afterwards. He gave the football to Paige Hansen - whose battle with leukemia as a kid received a high profile in SK media due to the delays in her receiving treatment in 2006. This after keeping a pregame promise to give her a touchdown football. That Carter didn't know Paige's health history/situation also adds another cool dimension to the story.



A catch for the ages, but an even better release!