Wednesday, July 04, 2012

One down, 17 to go!

So the first thing I have to say is good thing I wore my lucky Rider's shirt, Second thing...I liked the white helmets. There was something about them and they looked better and better as the game went on. Of course, so did the Riders' play so maybe it didn't matter what they wore....

SaskPower finally restored my power an hour before game time. Needless to say I wasn't a happy camper. as the clock was ticking closer to kickoff. What a sense of relief when it came on (for more reasons than the game!). But with the Rider win, perhaps all was forgotten. But I better be able to see the game on Sunday.

So, who saw that coming? Damn they played good. The offense, defense and special teams played like a high caliber team in mid-season form. Durant and Dressler? Enough said with the offensive player of the week award that went to Durant but Dressler could have easily won.

Jeez, I like a blowout.... I have seen way to few of them by the Riders over the years, so I can never get enough of them. The lean years of "eleven years is enough" and the 90's are still in my memory and I can recall way to many times when the Riders were on the wrong side of a blowout. I want the Riders to win big every game.

It was hard to find fault with such a big win, but because this is Saskatchewan, some have found something to complain about. Comes with the territory I guess. Nevertheless, nice to see coach Chamblin not get complacent at practice by working on tackling drills and sharing that there are other areas to improve on.

Next up, the Evil Empire. Can't wait for Sunday. Also can't wait for the Riders to go 2-0 with another blowout win.

5 comments:

Platty said...

You got the blowout part right, just more along the lines of last year though. What was that again, 42 - 28 for Edmonton? Yeah, that sounds about right....


--

Platty said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Frances said...

Ah, but you were only facing an Eastern team. Wait until the big games with the rest of the West ;)

Platty said...

That looked pretty good on the stats page on Monday, all wins in the West, all losses in the East. Actually, it should make for a good game on Sunday, especialy for us Eskie fans, as we don't have to listen to the "Ricky Ray coming back" hoopla.

Which, to tell you the truth, I don't know why there ever was any question of trading him, his best days, which were great, are certainly behind him.

=

Platty said...

All defence, no blowouts tonight. Edmonton needs a new plan for offence, this one aint workin....